Fake Bake Spray Tanning £20
Fake Bake is the UK’s leading salon professional self tan and spray tan brand.
What is it?
The professional spray tan application is the fastest (typically 10-15 minute treatment) and most convenient way to enjoy a Fake Bake application in a salon. The tan is applied to your skin as a mist via a spray gun. It is generally believed that the professional spray tan application provides the most even tanning results because the atomised. Fake Bake tanning liquid is applied to the skin perfectly uniform. Fake Bake gives an instant sun-kissed colour and develops into a long lasting sunless fake tan by combining naturally derived tanning agents DHA and Erythulose guaranteeing longer lasting (up to 50% longer), more natural-looking results. Fake Bake have developed botanical ingredients to remove parabens and artificial preservatives. Fake Bake has become the choice of beauty experts and celebrities alike. So if you want to fashion a tan like Jennifer Anniston and Cheryl Cole then Fake Bake is establishing itself as the best fake tan!
What you need to do:
Carry out a full body exfoliation, particularly on your feet & ankles, knees, elbows and hands, (Non-oily products are recommended).
Do not use any other self tanning products 1 week before treatment.
Wax or shave at least 24 hours prior to treatment.
On the day of your Fake Bake treatment DO NOT wear any make-up, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake Spray Tan.
Wear loose, dark clothing, sandals or flip flops.
The whole treatment lasts around 15 minutes. Immediately after your spray tan it is recommended you allow a few minutes for the tan to absorb before dressing. Fake Bake spray tan will not smell of DHA, the tell-tale sign of a recently applied tan.
- Immediately after your spray tan:
- Wear loose, dark clothing.
- Keep skin completely dry, avoid water contact.
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan.
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6/8 hours (overnight if possible).
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments whilst tan is developing.
- Avoid activities that make you perspire.
- Drink hot beverages through a straw as contact with a hot cup can strip colour from around your mouth.
- Toothpaste can also strip colour while your tan develops.
- After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off remaining colour guide with warm/hot water.
- Once the water runs clear gently wash your self with a mild soap.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as they can strip colour.
- Avoid swimming pools as Chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
- To prolong your tan use Fake Bake Smoothie Oil or Fake Bake Oil Free Moisturiser daily, locking in colour. This will also hydrate your skin.
- Your spray tan can last between 3 and 7 days, sometimes longer.
- Your spray tan offers no protection against the sun's natural UV rays, you do need to use your usual SPF sun creams.
Fake Bake - Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fake Bake safe to use in pregnancy?
Fake Bake only comes in to contact with the upper most layers of the epidermis (skin) and does not penetrate into the blood stream whatsoever, therefore, yes it is safe to use during pregnancy. However we would also have you take note, that you should always perform the patch test to check for sensitivity as when you are pregnant, your hair and skin may not behave the way it used to and you may find that you are sensitive to products you used when you were not pregnant.
How long does Fake Bake last?
It will last between 5 to 10 days dependent upon skin type and your aftercare.
Can I use Fake Bake in the sun or with sun-beds?
Marketing research has discovered that the use of spray tanning products with the sun or with a sun bed actually accelerates the tanning process. Stimulating the dark pigment of the skin, known as Melanin, accelerates any form of sun tanning. Those who wish to combine our product with an additional sun tanning regimen will see quicker and more satisfying results than ever before. For this reason, many Suntan Salons carry our products to use with sun beds as a Melanin Accelerator to promote tanning. Our product is also ideal for those who cover their face during tanning or who have trouble tanning the sides of their bodies or other problem areas.
We do recommend the use of SPF or sun block when engaging in any form of sun tanning.
Does Fake Bake contain sunscreens or SPF?
It is not recommended to add SPF to spray tanning products. So many customers want different degrees of sunscreens or sun blocks that it would be impossible to satisfy all of them. We recommend that you use the sunscreen best suited to your skin type.
Does Fake Bake use animal testing?
No, it contains no harmful ingredients that would have required extensive animal testing.
What does having a Fake Bake spray tan entail?
We recommend you exfoliate and moisturise before you arrive for your appointment and wear dark loose clothes on the day. It will take approximately 15 minutes on the day. You can bring along your own bikini (ensuring it's an old / dark one) otherwise we will provide you with a disposable thongs